Wiley will seek to ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects during the registration and purchasing processes will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating its websites or any of its services and it will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on the information provided.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Wiley collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through Wiley’s website technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The types of personal information that Wiley collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- IP addresses;
- Educational and professional interests and background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a Wiley service; and
- Communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Wiley’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party. Wiley will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Wiley account to be linked to your third party account.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
Wiley may hold information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Wiley may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To send you periodic catalogues from Wiley, if you have consented to receive them;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
- For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Wiley will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services;
- If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
- In order to comply with the law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others; and
- In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of Wiley relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity; and
- Where necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, providing we have your consent.
Wiley may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including “page views” on this website and the products therein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.